A recent Java update is causing issues for some of our SalonBiz Cloud customers’ POS hardware. If you are experiencing issues, and receive an error message about Java security please follow the instructions below.
For Windows/PC users:
- Download and run the Java update which can be found at this link http://www.java.com/en/download/chrome.jsp?locale=en.
- Go to this link http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml and uninstall any older versions of Java.
- Go into the Computers’ section of Control Panel and then into Java.
- Go into the Security tab in Java and add the link “https://app.salonbiz.cloud.com:443″ into the exceptions.
- Go back into SalonBiz Cloud and click on the POS button to run the application this should allow you to run without error.
For MAC users:
- Click the POS button, and then the Open button.
- Click the Continue button, you will get a message that the app is blocked for security reasons.
- Go to Systems Settings, and click on Java. The Java Control Panel opens in a separate screen.
- Click on the Security tab, then click on Edit Site List.
- Click the Add button, and add https://app.salonbizcloud.com:443 into the exceptions list.
- Click the OK button, and then click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
- Download POS again by clicking the POS button.
- Click the OK button, and then click the Open button.
- Click the Continue button, you will need to confirm that you trust the website and the application.
If you need any help, just let us know!